Graduation Requirements and College Placement
Alexander-Smith Academy requires a minimum of twenty-four (24) credits for graduation. ASA offers students the state "Recommended" and "Distinguished" diplomas which require 26 credits for graduation. Course designations offered are as follows: AP® = Advanced Placement, H = Honors, and all others are CP = College Prep. Four English, social studies, math, and science courses are required, and three foreign language courses are recommended, but not required to graduate.
College Preparatory Curriculum
- English I (Pre-AP)
- World Geography
- Algebra I (H)/Geometry (H)
- Biology (H)
- Spanish I (H)
- Applications and Web Design
- English II (Pre-AP)
- World History
- Geometry (H)/Algebra II (H)
- Chemistry (H)
- Spanish II (H)
- English III/AP Language and Comp.
- U.S. History/AP U.S. History
- Algebra II (H)/Math Models/Pre Calculus (H)
- Physics (H)
- Spanish III (H)
- English IV/AP Literature and Comp.
- Government/AP Government and Politics: U.S.
- Economics (H)
- Algebra II (H)/Pre Calculus/AP Calculus AB
- Biology II H/Forensic Science/Marine Biology
Send to Phone
Your text message was sent.
To opt out at anytime, send the word STOP to YP411 from your mobile phone.
To get a help message, send the word HELP to YP411 from your mobile phone.
Please try again
You must enter a vaild 10 digit U.S. phone number.
Send this business listing as a text message to a mobile phone.
10255 Richmond Ave., Houston, TX 77042-4117
Terms: The recipient of this text message may incur charges depending on their wireless carrier. Not all carriers are currently supported